Monday, June the 10th till Monday, June the 17th
Do you desire a quiet place for renewal, relaxation and nourishment?
Do you wish to unwind, explore the wilderness, discover new tools for self-care and nourish your body and mind with fellow adventurers to support your journey?
Villuercas Ibores Jara Geopark in Extremadura
Extremadura is an untouched and mostly unknown part of Spain. With unspoilt nature, gorgeous flora and a varied, fauna, fresh air, clear skies with a low level of light pollution which makes it an optimum stargazing area.
The Nature Lodge Finca la Sierra, is found at the heart of a protected Geopark and is set in a calm and relaxing environment, with lush green forests and mountains with different types of ecosystems. The well-conserved Mediterranean forests, the so-called Dehesas with Holm oaks and Cork oaks, mountain rivers and, as a consequence of rich and stunning natural surroundings. It is located on 84 hectares of wildness which include a botanical garden, fossils, caves with cave paintings, a hanging rock and five well marked and accessible hiking routes.
Extremadura boasts a natural wealth of more than 350 species of birds. This is a region that is not only important for birds that nest in Spain, but also for wintering and migratory birds from Northern Europe. Indeed, much of Extremadura is actually protected as ZEPA (Special Protection Area for Birds, part of the Natura 2000 network). The zone of Las Villuercas, where also the Geopark Villuercas Ibores Jara is situated is an exceptional area as up to 70% is protected under Natura 2000.
The Nature Lodge is rated with 3 stars and has 3 very spacious and very bright rooms with en-suite bathrooms and a 60m2 living room where the yoga will be offered. There is a big terrace with amazing views and a porch where breakfast will be served. We offer a pure rural environment with rustic charm.
What to expect :
During the 7-day retreat, there will be:
- Daily yoga with Lola. An emphasis on an energising yet meditative practice. The sessions are designed to suit complete beginners as well as experienced yogis.
- Daily hikes in the Geopark with Lorenzo, a passionate local guide
- 2x wellness workshops with Lola
- Visit to a local village with Lorenzo: a UNESCO world heritage site with an opportunity to do some shopping and sampling of local products
- Delicious and satisfying breakfast, lunch and dinner designed by a naturopathic nutritionist
- Trips to local river and lakes
- Guided historical botanical tour of the area
- Access to Lola’ s essential oil collection
- Nutritional advice and access to recipes
- A relaxing and nurturing environment
What a day will look like :
- 7:00am-8:00am : wake up, coffee, tea, juice
- 8:00am-9:15 am: energizing and meditative yoga practice
- 9:30 am-10:30am : breakfast with a view
- 10:30am-1:30pm : free time, discovering of local area
- 1:30pm-2:30pm lunch
- 2:30pm-7:30pm : walks, free time, activity in nature, workshop
- 7:30pm-9:00pm : hearty Supper
- 9:00pm-10:00pm tea, chat, free time
- 10:00pm Sweet dreams
If you are looking for a relaxing and revitalizing experience, meet like-minded souls and simply immerse yourself in beautiful nature, this is for you!
Cost: 700euros ( equivalent to approximately £625)
- Holistic therapy: massage treatment and Jin Shin Jyutsu treatments
- Transfer cost from and to the airport. Please let us know if you wish for it to be organised
- approximately 2 meals out
- travel insurance
- flights to Madrid
The yoga will be imparted in English, by a bilingual French yogini. The multilingual staff attends in English, Spanish, French, Catalan and Italian.
For reservations email:
Karuna Arnold: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lola Ducout : email@example.com
For more information on the Nature Lodge visit :
For more photos and information on Extremadura go to
photo credit: Liesbeth Van Vliet, Lola Ducout and google.com